By Adrian Cho
"An insider’s consultant to translating the inventive recommendations of jazz to the enterprise world.”
Scott Berkun, writer of The Myths of Innovation
What Can Your staff study From Jazz Musicians?
Experienced jazz musicians practice particular ideas to collaborate, execute, and deal with switch in actual time--delivering striking innovation within the face of continuous strain and probability. Now, jazz musician and collaboration professional Adrian Cho exhibits how one can use an analogous ideas to dramatically increase any team’s performance.
Cho systematically introduces the Jazz strategy and demonstrates the way it may also help cross-functional groups increase teamwork, innovation, and execution. You’ll research new how one can inspire and combine powerful person contributions from passionate and dedicated practitioners, and provides them greatest autonomy whereas ensuring your project’s “music” by no means degenerates into chaotic “noise.”
Through a number of case reports, Cho exhibits you ways high-performance groups in achieving their success.
• grasp 5 middle rules of operating in groups: use simply enough principles, hire most sensible expertise, placed the group first, construct belief and admire, and commit with passion
• determine a practical framework for potent, non-stop execution
• Collaborate extra successfully with staff contributors, shoppers, shoppers, companions, and suppliers
• grasp the necessities of group execution: listening for switch, prime on call for, performing transparently, and making each contribution count
• decrease the “friction” linked to collaboration--and elevate the synergy
• Use shape, pace, pulse, and groove to take care of confident momentum
• find out about the significance of fit tasks and teams
• Innovate via replacing principles and taking the suitable measured risks
• for each practitioner, chief, and supervisor drawn to convalescing results